span.fullpost {display:inline;}

09 October 2005

Island Hopping


I'm finally back at the net. We spent the last week on two islands North of Cebu. the first was Malapascua Island, and I got my Open Water Diver certification there. It was a lot of fun. I saw lots of cool creatures including a couple of sharks. One was a Thresher Shark. I wish I could take my camera underwater with me. The second place we went was Bantayan Island. No diving there but it was relaxing on the beach.
We are waiting for a boat now to Negros, and then we are going to try to go to Borocay. I wanted to take a small boat today, but then we heard it was dangerous. The weather is a little unpredictable. So far it's been nice. Not too hot on most days, and only rain a few days a week. The mosquitoes were in attack mode in Malapascua, but here they are not bad. I was not too worried until I saw the Dangue Fever warning. So now we are just waiting here for the boat tomorrow.
As my relationship with Vernie develops I'm remembering so many things that I heard people say about relationships. It' funny. I can't wait for her to come to CA and visit. One more month and I will be home again. The first thing I plan to do when I get back is apply for her visa.

5 Comments:

At 7:40 AM PDT, Blogger Ryan said...

Wow, that is so cool Mateo. I love to see the picture there. It looks like you are having fun. And to apply for a visa for her... Tis a big step my friend.

Glad to hear things are going well.

 
At 7:41 AM PDT, Blogger Ryan said...

By the way, how did you get your links to open up in a new window? I like that better than the links opening in the same frame. Let me know yo.

 
At 3:54 AM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

hey thanks ry. yeah, i'm glad things are going well too.

 
At 10:22 AM PDT, Blogger coryandfarah said...

Travel visa? Fiance visa? Immigrant visa? Okay. I'm asking all of the personal questions here... but which one? :) No, you don't have to answer that. Dude, I think it'll be great for her to see what things are like in California! That's awesome man!

 
At 8:35 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

thanks dude. i'm looking forward to it too. it will be good for both of us. it will be a fiance visa cause that's pretty much the only way it will happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.