span.fullpost {display:inline;}

03 September 2005

Burning Man

I've heard that Burning Man is an experience in self-reliance and self-expression. That's been my experience, and in addition, in the middle of all the focus on self, there is a profound impression of real community. If you want to know more about what Burning Man is click here. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. It's too amazing for words; you just have to experience it. I've been to Burning Man before in '01, '02, and '04, but this year I will not be going unfortunately. The funny thing is that I really don't know why. Maybe it's just timing. A strong inner desire draws me, but my intuition says no. It's a part of who I am; it's where my heart wants to be. But tonight 'the man' burned. So I'll be looking for those dust covered cars and trucks heading West on I80. I'm sad, but then I remember that there is only 365 more days till I'm home again.

Link

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can burn some stuff in Sactown if that would make you feel better. :)

 
At 12:16 AM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

it sure would. fire....fire..hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.