span.fullpost {display:inline;}

06 September 2005

Sugar pie, Honey bunch

During my last week in the Philippines, at the end of my Southeast Asia trip, I met a lovely girl named Vernie through a mutual friend of her’s. We totally hit it off, and spent my last few days in the Philippines hanging out together in her home town Cagayan de Oro, Mindinao. Like me, she likes to travel, and she is my age. For the past 3 months we have been getting to know each other via e-mail, Yahoo IM, and snail mail. (Thank goodness for the webcam.) It’s been great, but of course, we want to be together again. So in the name of love, I am hitting the road again. I’ll be leaving for the Philippines on September 12 and returning November 10(my birthday indecently). Just in case you’re wondering, I’m not getting married on this trip(at least i don’t think so). I’ve been counting the days since i bought my air ticket, and that’s been fun. I decided to read a Psalm for the corresponding number of days left till i leave. So in the words of Will in Good Will Hunting, “I’m going to see about a girl.” But i think i already know. :-) If you have questions or want to dialogue about this send me a message.

14 Comments:

At 1:56 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice quote. I love that movie. Way to go on trying to find out where the relationship is headed. Remember to keep it slower so you can really be objective. The book of Proverbs says that a quarrelsome wife is like a constant drip. (For the record, I don't know from experience. :) Just had to say that). I want to see you with the best possible match. I am excited for you to see what will happen here.

 
At 9:47 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

thanks ryan. good advice. i guess i better listen since you're the veteran of 5 yrs now. congrats btw. i'm hoping for a good match too. for the record, Vernie is not the quarrelsome type. so i guess we're off to a great start. :-)

 
At 6:31 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she's not a constant drop so to speak. :)

 
At 2:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:38 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

thanks steve. good to hear from you.

 
At 1:24 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Matteo! We'll look forward to hearing about your trip once you get back to Sac! See you up north! Cool site, by the way!! Cory

 
At 1:37 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

hey Cory, thanks man. so are you moving up? i hope so. see you when i get back.

 
At 2:40 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Matt now that I'm turned on to your blog - you've got to give some more updates. Hows your trip going? Do anything cool? What city are you staying in? Chao!

 
At 3:02 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

lol...i haven't left yet. but i will keep you up to date. thanks. i'll be landing in Manila at 8:30p.m. Monday, CA time.

 
At 5:02 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, I'm all smiles for you! Keep us posted and have a blast!

sumama diyos

(Not that I really know Tagalog but what the hell)

Paul

 
At 12:52 PM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

thanks paul. you bet!

 
At 2:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allright Matt I got the hint(deleting my posting). I wont leave anymore long annoying advice entries. Hope all is well.
Steve

 
At 2:21 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I thought your post was funny. :)

 
At 12:14 AM PDT, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

ah yeah...sorry dude. i liked it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.