span.fullpost {display:inline;}

22 November 2005

On The Right Track

I had a great time getting reacquainted with friends at a Thanksgiving dinner hosted by Ryan and Jenny. Awesome party guys; thanks!
I've been back now for almost two weeks, and I'm starting to feel normal again. It's hard to have grace for myself during the reverse culture shock period. I keep thinking, "I'm so lazy....I should be doing this and that, and get off my ass...." It helps that I have friends who understand what I'm going through. On top of the adjustment to life back home, I'm really missing my fiance Vernie. At first it wasn't too bad, but as time goes on it gets harder to not be with her. So, I'm gearing up to find a good job and keep myself busy with work. Today I got a haircut, and worked on my resume. I'm really glad that I'm motivated to do all this right now. I'm also trying to get the visa process going so Vernie can come here.

4 Comments:

At 4:37 PM PST, Blogger Ryan said...

Did you shave your head? I hear that's a good style to have these days. :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. Keep adjusting and going through the process of seeking out a job. You'll find something and then be able to get Vernie over here.

Have a great Thanksgiving amigo.

 
At 1:35 PM PST, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

thanks ry. that's the motivating force.
no, i didn't shave the head. just not a hippie anymore. :-( on the outside that is! ;-)

 
At 1:29 PM PST, Blogger Ryan said...

I also hear that mullets are making a comeback, so if you wanna be in the in-crowd, go for it.

 
At 10:39 AM PST, Blogger Matthew Vernie Liam said...

true....i had a little going, but now it's gone. oh well. next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.